Comparing Swedish vs. Deep Tissue Massage
While Sage Massage Therapy offers both Swedish Massage and Deep Tissue Massage it’s important to understand the differences and benefits of each type of massage.
Swedish massage is the most commonly offered massage technique, utilizing light to medium pressure and long smooth gliding strokes. It relaxes skin surface tension as well as the nervous system to soothe the nerves, reducing both emotional and physical stress. Swedish massage is a staple in most stress management programs.
- Reduce stress & anxiety
- Increase blood circulation
- Ease whole body tension
- Release toxins & metabolic waste from muscle tissue
- Boost immune system via lowering stress cortisol levels
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage is that “hurt so good” medium to heavy pressure that aims at affect the deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. The massage therapist will choose between several strokes depending on the size of the muscle that they are working on. The aim is to treat chronic muscle pain & sports related injuries.
- Treatment of whiplash and sports injuries
- Chronic low back pain
- Postural misalignment
- Muscle spasms, strains and knots.
- Breaks up scar tissue & fascial adhesions
- Improves muscle flexibility & reduce recovery time from muscle strain.
If you’re in the Grand Lake Colorado or Grand County Colorado areas and you are considering a swedish massage or a deep tissue massage, please give us a call to learn more or book your appointment.